Alex M animatic

Music Video Presentation

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

First Music Video Lesson



Today was good. Interesting lesson. We learn't about the codes and conventions of an average music video. We also got shown exapmples of music videos which I enjoyed because as everybody who knows me knows....I LOVE MUSIC!

After learning about these codes convention we got the opportunity to look at some music videos online. I went on yahoo videos to watch some. I am starting to look at music videos in a different way.

I have not decided yet what band I'm going to do my music video of. The possible bands are:

The Horrors
Aiden
Avenged Sevenfold
The Ghost of a Thousand
Patchwork Grace

The Ghost of a Thousand are getting huge now andvare friends of mine (not very close) and they even got nominated for a Kerrang award but they have not had a music video out yet..this would be a good opportunity for me to make them one. I'm not too sure though if they would trust me though haha.

Patchwork Grace are also buddies of mine. I do them one but they live in Derby so it would be hard for me to meet up with them to film them for my video. I have a contact for their manager though who is really sweet and seems to like me so he would probs be able to arrange something.

Avenged Sevenfold are amazing. Just got their new album and I could do one of the songs from it.....Probs their song called 'Scream' in which hasn't been realesed and doesn't have a video. It's a really excellent song and I think it would be interesting to make a video for it.

Aiden..I just love them. Thats the simple reason why I'm considering doing them one.

The Horrors...it would be fun to make a video for them. They are a very exciting 60's influensed band. I could do something really experimental for them.

Arrrgh! Can't decide. I have to listen to the songs and see what I could do with them. Which one I could get the best grade out of making.

Anyway..Bye for now :D

xxxx

No comments: